Manila, Philippines
investmoneyPH@gmail.com

Piglets, Price and Profit: Start-up Piggery Business

Piglets, Price and Profit: Start-up Piggery Business
Sharing is caring:

It feels good to go back to livestock investments.

Piglets by A. Sparrow, on Flickr

Years ago I dabbled into (very) small-time cattle (e.g. cow) raising, with me providing my uncle (some) capital to purchase (just) one cow (for trial purposes) while he takes care of raising it, feeding it and selling it afterwards (once grown into marketable size). We’re supposed to split what’s left of gross sale less other expenses (vaccines, medicine if necessary, etc). Food is not a problem for cows since there are vast grasslands (still) in Batangas. Unfortunately, I was forced to sell my share of the cow just after a few months to augment my emergency fundsNow, I’m raring to invest once more in cows. Target timeline: 2 months.

In the meantime, I’m trying a small-time piggery. Basically same set-up, I provide the start-up capital to purchase piglets while relatives take care of raising and eventually selling them. Caveat here is that they already have an existing piggery, as such permits and pigpens, waste management and supply chain are already established. I just come in as a small-time capitalist, to give them opportunity to raise a few more pigs for lesser cash out from their end.

Piglets

According to reliable relatives, normally, mother pigs (inahin) or more formally, a sow, can give birth to around 8 to 10 piglets at a time. Some as high as 16 if sow (and the sperm-producing boar/hog (bulugan)) are healthy and the owner is lucky. After 2 months of breastfeeding and weaning, the piglets are now ready to be separated from the sow, and at this point, are now ready for sale to potential pig growers.

Given the number of piglet-siblings, sellers usually sell them as one group (hence around 8 to 10) so it’s more difficult to find sellers who are willing to sell just one or two or five piglets (in case your budget is only for that quantity). Also, mixing piglets from various mothers is not advisable as this causes quarrels and bullying among the piglets, against the minority (especially if they will be sharing the same pen). How do they know who’s the odd pig? Hog raisers say the piglets can tell via the bodily scent if the pig is from another mother.

Price

How much does it cost? As of this writing, the trade prices in San Jose, Batangas is at Php235/135 for piglets. For the first 10kg, price per kilo is Php235. The excess to 10kg is priced at Php135 per kilo. The piglets we got averaged at 19kg (some as low as 16kg while one weighed 20kg), so at this average, each piglet costs Php3,565. Estimated cost for feeds is at Php1,050 per pig per month, and usually, pigs are mature and big enough for sale in 4 months time after purchase (which started at month 2, so total of 6 months). Estimated total cash out is Php7,765.

Except for the gilt (grown female pig with no offspring) which takes a bit longer to be ready for breeding /impregnation and eventual giving birth (as a sow) to a new set of piglets. Usually growers leave one gilt and prepare it for multiple cycles of “pig-bearing.” Per Google, one gestation period or pregnancy cycle of a pig is 114 days or additional 4 months). With this, a new set of piglets may be raised at minimal cost (e.g. retainer/performance fee of the bulugan, or payment for its (fertile) blood donation).

Advertisements

Profit

Say a grown pig averages 90kg upon sale. Trade price as of this writing is at Php120 per kilo of live pig. Per kilo of pork meat (essentially a dead sliced pig) is higher given the mark-ups (butchering plus transportation costs, and less the weight of inedible parts). Anyway, if you sell a pig of 90kg at Php120 per kilo, that translates to Php10,800 gross sale. Less investment cost of Php7,765, net income is Php3,035. Split into two between financier and raiser, that’s Php1,517 or 19.5% ROI on the part of financier (=1,517/7,765). Note that labor cost of hog raiser is not accounted for here. Also, water and electricity costs (if any) are usually borne by the raiser. Php1,517 may seem peanuts to you but %-wise, that is a high ROI.

And imagine if you have 10piglets, that’s Php15k in 4 months of passive income, your money (and relatives) working for you. Price per kilo of live pigs tend to fluctuate with the season, with Christmas season and Fiesta seasons commanding a slightly higher price per kilo given the higher demand.

Am I counting my chicks before they hatch, este my piglets before they grow into big, fat, healthy and heavy pigs? I hope not. Stay tuned for updates.

***
Don’t forget to grab a copy of our latest e-book #10Steps to a Richer Life. Find out why WISER PINOY = RICHER PINOY and be equipped on your journey to financial freedom. Also available, Money Management Modules (#3M), contains more than 30 interactive modules, self-assessment, templates and calculators. Click here to know more.

Found this article helpful? Pay it forward and share to a friend who might be considering a piggery too. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Not yet a member but want more articles like this? Subscribe to our mailing list, absolutely for free, absolutely no spam.
[blog_subscription_form]

Join me in Truly Rich Club to enjoy more financial and spiritual benefits. Support our advocacy on more Pinoys with richer lives.

Photo: Piglets by  A. Sparrow

Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic License

Advertisements
Advertisements

Investments For Filipinos Piggery

115 Responses

1. 7 HECTARE FARM FOR SALE IN QUIRINO PROVINCE: PIGGERY + PROPOSED POULTRY BREEDING FARM WITH TUNNEL VENTILATED FACILITY + RESTHOUSE + MANGO FARM + RICEFIELDS + FISHPONDS – OUR ZEN BLOG says:

[…] Piglets, Price and Profit: Start-up Piggery Business […]

2. Annabelle Mercado says:

Good day, Sir! I have a small fattening business based in Ibaan, Batangas. To further expand my options, I have recently dabbled with inahin and piglets. Perhaps I may partner with you. You may contact me at my given email address and looking forward to your response.

• Admin says:

Thanks Mam. At the moment we don’t intend to increase our exposures for piggeries po but thanks for the offer. Published your comment though just in case our readers are willing to enter into a partnership with you. This does not in any way mean that we are endorsing you po to your future potential partners. Good luck and God bless po!

3. Anonymous says:

sir! s ngayon po how much capital do we need per piglet hanggang mabenta siya? i want to start around 30 to 50 heads po. im from candelaria, quezon. Thanks!

• investmentjuan01 says:

The best way to find out is look for a piglet supplier sa area nyo. I can say 10k per head inclusive of piglet cost and feeds pero that’s a very rough estimate from our costs before in batangas plus inflation. If you still need to construct pigpens and pay for labor then you’ll need more capital. Iba iba kasi presyuhan per province eh so the key is localized research po talaga.

4. Rina Dee says:

Hello Sir. Have a good day. How much it cost to start a mini piggery business? I’m planning to build one. I’m a working student.

5. Anonymous says:

how about FeedPRO. try nyo po search. may mga guidelines sila kung paano ma minimize yung gastusin sa piggery. and thanks to sir Geri very informative po yung blogs mo.

6. Geri says:

Yes please keep us posted! Business doesn't have to be related to your work, but related to your passions. Hope you get to explore more investment and business

7. Geri says:

I would say it is seasonal but approaching Christmas season the demands pick-up. Question is how is the supply in the area where you want to build the piggery? 1700sqm is too big, i suggest you start small and plant some crops first on the rest of the property. In our previous tries ROI was very small but if you can control your costs you might achieve better returns.

8. Katrina says:

Hi. we are planning to start a small business. and we chose piggery. but because we are not actually a business minded person, i mean our work is not so related in business, that's why i'm researching on different blogs and ideas of more experienced person… (like u). and this is the first site that i open. I hope, when we start our first step in business, i will go back to dis site 😀 reaching out for some help…. thank you! and God bless….

9. carlo caparas says:

mahirap b magbenta ng buhay n baby.balak ko din sana magstart ng piggery.I'm here working in Jamaica but I want a business sa pinas may pwesto n ko mapapagtayuan 1,700 sqm sa ngayon b maganda business ang piggery?thanks sana po masagot nyo

10. Unknown says:

11. Androe Gulle says:

Sir Geri have you known someone or a farm who is looking for a slaughtering service? I work as a Sales and Marketing Head of Matutum Meat Packing Corporation, located at Glamang Polomolok South Cotabato. Please PM me once you received this message at 0995-673-2069

12. Androe Gulle says:

Have you known someone or a farm who is looking for a slaughtering service? I work as a Sales and Marketing Head of Matutum Meat Packing Corporation, located at Glamang Polomolok South Cotabato. Please PM me once you received this message at 0995-673-2069

13. Androe Gulle says:

Sir Allen, have you known someone or a farm who is looking for a slaughtering service? I work as a Sales and Marketing Head of Matutum Meat Packing Corporation, located at Glamang Polomolok South Cotabato. Please PM me once you received this message at 0995-673-2069

14. Geri says:

Thank you for the kind words. It's good that you're starting as young as possible. Medyo mahirap pagsabayin ang full time day job at business pero kakayanin po basta po may sipag kayo at may tunay na interes sa negosyong papasukin. Ito rin po ang way para may kinikita kayo habang hindi pa stable ang kita sa side business. Suggest din po namin to go over our beginner's guide link to give you ideas on other investment options that can give you passive income without consuming much of your time. God bless!

15. Geri says:

Pasensya na po. Itong mga munting nasulat ko sa website na ito ang limited knowledge ko sa pagbababuyan.

16. Geri says:

The piglets would have grown already after around 4 to 6 months.

17. Geri says:

Best to ask actual market buyers because it varies.

18. Unknown says:

Hi Geri,
    If I gave a family member a brand and two sow piglet to in February 2015 as investment,what is the turn round time to see the result from this investment and what is the possible result?

19. MI CH says:

Magkano na ang bentahan ng buhay na baboy? Batangas area? Pwede na kasi ibenta yung baboy ko kaso ang sabi 85 per kilo daw. Any insight po. Thank you

20. MI CH says:

Hi po. Matanong ko lang kung magkano na bentahan ng buhay na baboy sa batangas? May nagsabi sakin na bumaba daw. Tama ba? Salamat sa reply.

21. MI CH says:

22. Unknown says:

Mas lalo akong na inspired dahil sa article na to. Thank you po. I will start na po kasi by november, inaantay lang na maging ok na ang budget ko. Sir anu pa po ba ang pwede mong ma advice sakin as magsisimula palang ako dito. Nasa 22 years old palang po kasi ako at gusto ko nang maging financial independent, working in government, panu ko po ba mabibigyan ng panahon ang magiging business ko. Thanks a lot for your response.

23. Anonymous says:

hello po…I am looking for a piglet buyer @2500 each free delivery within Cebu area..for more inquiries you can reach me on this # 09238036876 or send me an email on lcania@lear.com

24. Frankie Sunshine says:

A very useful article and I can endorse your statistics and costings. My farm, based in Cebu, Philippines supplies gilts for breeding and piglets for fattening. We have been in business for 5 years but I am returning to the UK at the end of the year with my husband and reluctantly we are about to place it on the market. If anyone is interested please visit http://www.sellinghouseandfarmphilippines.com

25. Anonymous says:

Good day po sa lahat. Baguhan po ako ako sa pag-aalaga ng baboy. Meron po ako isang inahin na nakunan at after nun ay hindi na naglandi ulit. Nasa 8 months na po after nakunan ng inahin kong baboy. Thank you & God bless to all.

Sir Geri baka po meron kang handouts regarding hog raising. Salamat po ng marami.

26. Cris Mamalias says:

Hi Sir!..kakasimula ko pa lang ng piggery business po, your article is helpful..As of now po kc may pinsan ako na gusto magpiggery din tapos ako ang magfinance ng lahat..Ang pagpapagawa ng pig pen sa backyard nila, pagbili ng piglets for fattening,at sa feeds and medicines. Tapos lhat ng nagastos ay ideduct ko po sa unang bentahan tapos 50-50 kami sa net income..Tama po ba na cla na ang may ari ng pigpen?..parang caretaker lng po cla ako gumastos lahat..

I will appreciate po any comments on this po..

27. Geri says:

This is good news. Congrats. There are no hard and fast rules for the profit sharing dahil ito ay usap ng mga magkakamag-anak, and people who trust each other.As for the pigpen ownership, if lupa nila yun, baka that's why they think they own the pigpen. Anyway ibabawas naman yung cost of pig pen construction sa proceeds ng sale bago hatiin net income db? So mababalik yung puhunan mo.

What others do naman is they don't tlak about who owns the pigpen. If the day comes na titigil na kayo, then the land owner can just pay for a portion of the construction cost of the pigpen para sa kanila na talaga yun mismo.

Hope this helps.

28. JayR says:

Hello. I would like to invest as a financier. Anyone offering pig paalaga system here? or someone you can recommend? Thank you

29. nestor penalver says:

this is such a big help.

30. Christian Hernandez says:

Hi im christian hernandez gusto ko po sana mag invest ng piggery kahit maliit lang saan po b may malapit n nagbebenta ng piglet lucena city po. .salamat po sa

31. Christian Hernandez says:

Hi im christian hernandez gusto ko po sana magnegosyo n pigery. .saan po b malapit n makakabili ng murang piglet. .lucena city po ako. .salamat po sa makakatulong. .

32. Geri says:

It's really a good start that you consider passive income sources outside your day job. Is it really profitable? If you check our other updates on piggery we discussed there that our first try profited but not as much as we expected. Just around 800 per pig divided by me and the caretaker. So only 400 net gain. But then again we could have improved the cost management and it could have been seasonal. Our pigs also got sickly which is a risk that you should also consider. As they say, you miss all the shots you don't take so the only way to find out if piggery will be profitable for you is ask around your area if there are piggeries there, learn more about it and eventually start one yourself.Goodluck and happy reading!

33. Geri says:

Yes no problem with starting small. What matters is you start. Especially if backyard lang naman. Consider though na maamoy ang magbabuyan so ensure na hindi affected ang bahay nyo at ang neighborhood. Goodluck!

34. UARY JAN ESPELITA says:

Goodafternoon sir Geri nice to read your article, I've working for a private company here at cebu city and since i'm already 2 years on working so hard on it, i realize that i didn't gain anything incrementally. That's why even if I'm not a business man totally oriented, as I read your blog posts regarding on “piglets-price-profits & how to start-up piggery business I've been encourage & open minded to pursue because i'm really planing to have a small piggery business since my origin is in Camotes island partly in northern cebu which is Rural area & in good area condition for raising hogs…I really need a knowledge, my curiosity here is,:is it really profitable business even though along the factors that may affect like undetermined weather condition? specially pig diseases?

Thank you & i really thankful for the reply…
    _bestregards & more people to get interested…

35. Unknown says:

Mag start po sana ako mag business ng baboy. Backyard? Ok po ba mag simula muna ako asa dalwa na piglet then palakihin ko sila then breed at padamihin? Thank you po

36. Unknown says:

37. Geri says:

It depends po. As mentioned previously, we used existing structures (pig pen) so the 7765 per head excludes this. For 3 heads a smell pen might be enough. Cost will also depend on the materials you'll use, concrete with hollow blocks? Bamboo enclosures/ fence lang? With roofing or none? Suggest you get a quotation from your area so you get an idea how much capital you need to put up. May you have a richer life.

38. Anonymous says:

Hi sir, magkano po ba ang capital kung magsisimula ng piggery? all-in capital na.. (kulungan + ung sinasabi mong 7765/head). . . gusto ko kasi mgstart lang ng 3 heads.. for experiment lang kung kaya ko. para atleast kung lugi man.. hnd nman malaki capital.. and hindi naman din ako papayag na malugi…

39. Leah Damo says:

Im looking for a supplier of piglets and already my buyer after raising it,,kindly contact me for welling 09282480417

40. Geri says:

Let me clarify this. Cost quoted above already includes cost of piglet acquisition. Since you already have 26 piglets, then your incremental costs will be on feeds and medicine. In our experience, total cost = 50% piglet + 50% feeds and medicine. Goodluck!

41. Kenneth B. says:

How much po kaya magagastos sa feeds ng 26 pigs for 4 months?

42. Kenneth B. says:

how much po kaya magagastos sa feeds/medicine for 26 pigs for 4 months.. starting a small pig business

43. Geri says:

Hi Kenneth. Our cost per pig in the 3.5 months totaled to almost 8,170. While our selling price was at 8,740 for average of 76kg per pig and 115 per kilo selling price. You may find more details on our Sep 15 2014 post.

Goodluck and may you have a richer life. Looking forward to hearing your updates here.

44. Anonymous says:

Hi Sir Im almario G. Estrada of Philippines… this inquiries of yours was 2 about 2 years ago… you may email me at almario.mayong @gmail.com and i will teach you free how to make your plan for a swine raising production more profitable.

thanks,

Almario

45. Geri says:

Good point Dale. If there's too much supply, buyers from the demand side can haggle for lower prices. From your area, there might be too much supply already.

46. Dale says:

Lahat po ito, pagaalaga etc., ang problem po ay finding the buyers. i have several fatteners pero par dating nang mga bumibili kung pwedeng kunin nila ng free ay gagawin. Madami pong laging may bad comments halimbawa maliit ang mga baboy, or mura ang karne ngayon okaya minus 3% daw sa kilo, or di pwedeng pakainin. Kung minsan heart attack lang makukuha mo

47. Maria Lourdes Reyes says:

May mga swine dealers po ba dito sa north? any suggestions po? thanks!

48. Anonymous says:

Good day po. I'm planning to invest sa “paalaga business” any referrals po ba ng financers from manila or near manila area? thank you po and much appreciated a reply. God bless

49. Anonymous says:

Ganon po ba. Naisip ko lang po kasing unfair dahil syempre kailangan din bawiin yung pinangpagawa ng kulungan. Anyways, salamat po Sir Geri sa reply 🙂

50. Anonymous says:

Hi po. Considered pa din po bang paalaga system kapag po yung facilities eh yung financer ang gumastos? Bale alaga lang po talaga yung caretaker. Makatarungan ba yung 50/50 (less all expenses) na share na hinihingi nila?

51. Anonymous says:

Looking for buyer in San Pascual, Batangas. 14 pigs available. Please contact me at 09179688324.

52. Geri says:

As far as we know wala namang nasusulat kung ano ang rightful na hatian. Depende na po sa usap yan ng financer at nagpaalaga.

53. Geri says:

54. geoffrey says:

i want to start piggery business.. i just want to know where i can attend seminar how to manage this kind of business..

55. geoffrey says:

from where are you?

56. Mifune Scythe says:

If there's a Feed mill near your area you can try to coordinate with them. Usually they will provide you with the feeds and they will also buy the pigs from you less the total price of the feeds that was consumed.

57. Mifune Scythe says:

You can look for feed mills around you that will provide feeds for your piglets and buy'em after 4 months.

58. Unknown says:

59. Marilyn Del Rosario says:

Nakakainggit nmn yung iba, ako kasi nalugi as in lugi, nung ibebenta n yung baboy ko sabi ng bibili may sakit daw na numonya, heartache ako nun dahil 20 heads yun, hindi ko alm kung bakit nagkaganon, kaya another ipon nanaman ako dito àbroad.akala ko pede nko mag for good hindi pa rin pala,.
    Kaya now im worried if subukan ko ulet , yung ako na mag aalaga. Worried na baka maulet ulet l

60. Geri says:

Same here. Hindi naman lugi pero maliit kinita namin. Kaya were trying another investment: rice farming naman..Hindi pa kami umulit sa piggery.

61. Geri says:

62. Unknown says:

63. Unknown says:

64. Sj says:

Hi thes. San ka sa bikol? Id like to start a small piggery sana. are you selling your piglets in group or per piece? How much? Thank you.

65. Sj says:

Hi. San ka sa bikol? Im planning to put up a small piggery business too. Are you selling the piglets in group or per piece? How much? Thank you.

66. Thes says:

Hi geri, ngbbakasali lng me send messages sau bka ma2lungan u me maka hanapin mg buyers ng piglets q d2 sa bicol.myroon akong 11 piglets ready to sale.

67. Thes says:

68. rolelito maningas says:

helo po san kya meron piglets n malapit sa lugar ko norzagaray,bulacan n mbibili

69. Anonymous says:

Looking for 8-10 piglets in 12-20kg range, near Argao, Cebu. Also looking for a gilt, around 4-6 months old of excellent quality.

Thanks,
    Email: Bigfishead2001@yahoo.com

70. Trish Carlos says:

im a buyer of 90kilos up pigs…. kindly contact me at 09234779093 thanks

71. Victor says:

Can i have a contact number of possible buyer if theres any, in cavite area. Thank you

72. lenardlawrence says:

Do you have any idea wer i can buy feeds for a lower amt. Im starting piggery business.as of now i have 30 piglets. Pls. Give me an idea wer i can sell them in due time.m from calaca, batangas.

73. lenardlawrence says:

74. Allen Victorino says:

sir text me at 09279771197 I can supply piglets

75. Allen Victorino says:

Wrong Price!

Im selling piglets now, And I sell them for only P130 per kilo 20-30kgs only available.

Text me at 0927-977-1197, I also entertain questions.

20kgs = 2600
    25kgs = 3250
    30 kgs = 3600

The Price can be lowered if you order many!

76. Geri says:

Hi. Apologies but I'm no longer into hog raising as of the moment, the reasons for which you may check with my more recent posts. Not familiar as well with hog raisers in your area BUT usually a good starting point is to approach existing home raisers that you trust and inquire of they are willing to sell you some piglets. We got ours at around P3.5k but that was sometime ago. Goodluck!

77. Geri says:

78. Anonymous says:

Gud day sir.. anyway my plan po ako mg start small bussines like piggery. Ask ko lng po kung saan ako mkakabili ng mgandang lahi n gagawin kong inahin at mgkano po kaya.. dto po ako infanta quezon..thank a lot and more power..

79. Geri says:

Please try the desktop version of this site and search for other updates I posted on piggery business just so you can have accurate answers and figures.

If I recall correctly we do send money for feeds almost every 2 weeks especially once the pigs are grown up. Check with your caretaker too since as per our experience some feeds got wasted because we don't have a proper feeding tray and the feeds were just scattered on the floor.

80. Geri says:

81. Anonymous says:

Thank you for the information. I also started with 6 piglets just last January but up to now I already spent 40K for buying the piglets & for food. the saddest part after every two weeks I have to send money for the piglets food.it is realistic? do you think how much should be my capital for piglets with food for 1 month, to enlighten me. TY

82. Anonymous says:

Thank you for the knowledge. i start my piggery business last december together with my friend.

83. eve says:

oh, I see… thanks
    And yes, I'm going through your recent posts to get more knowledge about business. Such a great help.. 🙂

84. Geri says:

Hey Eve. Aside from the costs I listed here we didn't have much upfront costs since it's just a small piggery, no permits secured and the pig pens already existed. I don't think the present prices will differ much from the above (the selling price is what fluctuates more frequently). I haven't checked in a while though. If you've seen my more recent posts related to piggery, I stopped putting my money in there for now due to minimal gains and opportunity costs.

85. eve says:

hi.. Such a GREAT article! ^_^ Thank you so much for this. How i hope you will also give us some info about the costs, like start up cost (materials, start up, etc).based on present price. . that would be much appreciated.. hope to hear from you, again thank you :)…

86. gelo ramos says:

Sir, do you have contacts who can we sell our pigs (22-27 kgs) in batangas? thanks.

87. Geri says:

Hi Al. Unfortunately we don't cater phone call inquiries at the moment. Nonetheless feel free to get in out via our Facebook page, Twitter or even email. The links may be found in our connect link or view the Web version of this website.

Likewise if your query is on piggery, we have 2 more articles that give updates on our piggery venture. Just search the Business category.

88. Geri says:

Thank you for the kind words. Yes you may also contact me through our Facebook page (like us for updates) or via Ask Geri email page. If you are interested in our updates on the piggery I enjoin you to read other recent updates (tagged under Business) for you to get more insights and information on what happened to our venture.

89. al says:

sir,is there a chance ma kausap ka sa phone need your help po tungkol sa hog raising.thanx

90. Franz Joseph Tindongan says:

Hi sir Geri, your article is really helpful and because of it I got more interested, Can I also contact you through facebook or yahoo mail? I really want to get information from a credible businessman like you, I appreciate your positive response. thank you. 🙂

91. Geri says:

Check out my Nov 17 post which hopefully helps you on your dilemma.

92. Geri says:

Jedidy, check out my Nov 17 post which hopefully answers your query.

93. jedidy18 says:

Sir, just began investing with 12 heads.i am relying to my relatives and i want also to have a knowledge about it. What will be the correct kind of feeds for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th month? Thank you so much in advance.

94. Anonymous says:

Sir,

Nasubukan ko na po ung ganyang business. I've tried ung Fattening of 10 piglets and also tried the sow. Unfortunately, hindi ako magsucceed. Maybe bago lang kc aq sa business. Lage ako lugi o di kaya breakeven lang. Bakit po kaya ganun? pwede po ba malaman ung opinion nyo for this? Thanks po

95. Geri says:

Thank you for your interest. For the meantime you might want to check out our latest Juan Liners. It also touches on Business Ideas.

96. Anonymous says:

Sir,

wala na bang bagong blog post na tungkol sa pagbusiness?

97. Geri says:

Hi Rod, congratulations on your sale soon. As Lance suggested below, best to try in a slaughterhouse nearby, or if not maybe the wet market selling pork is also a good place to start. I sold mine using a broker though (yup there are brokers sometimes) who knows of demands for fresh pork. But I don't know the broker personally, only my relatives do, and their quite far from you anyway (San Jose, Batangas).

98. Anonymous says:

Tsong, subukan mo kaya mag inquire sa Slaughter house, dun panigurado may makikita kang naghahanap ng mabibiling makakatay na baboy 🙂

lance

99. Anonymous says:

Hello Guys,
    I starter small piggery as well, I start 10pcs and they are ready to sell, do you have any idea guys where I can sell them all in one time. I’m looking dealer who I can supply them regularly because I’m planning to expand my small piggery. I’m from Laurel Batangas near in Taliasay then Tanauan Batangas. I hope someone can me idea. Thanks a lot

thanks
    -Rod

100. Anonymous says:

hi Geri.. Thanks for this very informative post.. im starting my own small scale piggery..3 pigs to be exact..just like yours, i will be letting my relative took care of it however im getting nervous right now and worried since this will be my first time to be in any type of business.. As of right now im just living to the phrase ” BUSINESS IS A GAMBLE”..

101. Geri says:

Thanks Gerard. What investment are you considering? If it's a piggery like this one, estimate is PHP8K per pig and excluding the cost, if any, of permits, pig pen etc.

102. Gerard Joseph Degamo says:

Good article, I would also like to ask, how much php is needed to start a small investment? I plan to start small and would like to expand. Any tips for a newbie? Hungry for info here!

103. Anonymous says:

Hi,

My name is Jacob Kekea, from Solomon Islands.
    Living in Guadalcanal, 20 mins drive from the capital Honiara. I've been impressed on the information. I have bought two crossbreed piglets for the last nine months. Out of the two, I was lucky and got seven piglets now for the last two weeks. I used millrun mixed with local waste food for my feed. Can any one help me out on what feed to used. I would like to get into small business.

104. rnotario says:

Nice article! Thank you for this informative write up. Saw a glimpse of what (how much) to expect when it comes to costing.

105. Geri says:

Yes they sell piglets and they are based in San Jose, Batangas. Leave me your contact details via private message in case you are interested.

106. Geri says:

Wow you have a lot! Congratulations. Actually we bought the piglets from a relative in Batangas who's into feedmills business as well. So we source all the feeds from them too. Busilac Feedmills is the name. So far we are spending 1.2k per pig per month so we might just be the same.

107. Anonymous says:

do you contacts selling piglets in Batangas? TIA.

108. borugodunstoy says:

i am also starting business like yours in cebu.. i haved now 2 sows n 15 fatteners. what feeds can you suggests so i can get less. i send php15k up/month just for feeds..

109. canadian buzz says:

Excellent site you have here.. It’s difficult to find good quality writing like yours these days. I honestly appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!
    franchises for sale

110. law firms for sale says:

It can often pay off to spend on brokers while buying a business. You get someone with all the training, and know the tried and tested processes.

111. Hasan says:

Excellent post – thanks for the information. I would really appreciate it if you can read my Business For Sale article and give feedback and reviews. Thanks once again for this outstanding post.